Academic Advising is a service provided to the students of Texas A&M University at Qatar. The Academic Advisor’s purpose is to assist in the academic success of the student by providing academic guidance and counseling. Texas A&M University at Qatar students are encouraged to utilize their Academic Advisor’s experience ranging from course registration and degree tracking to time management and study skills. Some academic advising will be mandated while other opportunities can be requested by the student. While it is the student’s responsibility to ask for assistance, the Academic Advisor may identify a need for individual assistance and may require the student to make an appointment.
The primary mission at Texas A&M University at Qatar is to provide academic advising and support that will guide each student to develop their educational and personal goals. The development of these strategies will serve students throughout their academic and professional career. Individualized relationships between students and advisors encourage an environment of open communication and trust.
To schedule an academic advising appointment visit https://tamuqatar.mywconline.com/.
Phone: +974.4423.0225, Office 148C
When coming to your appointment, you should:
- Bring your degree plan and concise schedule
- Have a list of questions ready when you come
- Be ready to work with your advisor to establish a program of study for the next semesters
- Remember that your advisor can help you best when you explain your academic goals and concerns
- Keep notes from your advising meetings to remind you of what was discussed