Tuition and Financial Aid
For the academic year 2012-13, the cost of full-time attendance (12 semester credit hours) is:
- Non-Sponsored Students: 36,050 QAR ($9,877) per semester
- Sponsored Students: 72,100 QAR ($19,753) per semester
- Students enrolling part-time (1-11 semester credit hours) are charged 2,400 QAR per credit hour. Summer tuition is billed at the hourly rate.
Graduate students enrolling for classes at Texas A&M University at Qatar are billed 1,960 QAR ($537) per credit hour.
The above amounts are all inclusive except for the cost of room and board and are subject to change.
Tuition invoices are emailed to students’ Texas A&M at Qatar email addresses and are due upon receipt. Payment can be made at the Cashier’s Office in Portacabin 4 or may be made in installments by post-dated checks by completing this form.
Non-Sponsored students admitted to Texas A&M University at Qatar are encouraged to apply for Student Financial Aid through Qatar Foundation. Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development offers need-based financial assistance through the Hamad Bin Khalifa Financial Aid Program to help students meet the financial obligations of their universities. Financial aid given to resident and international students through this program is in the form of loans that could cover up to a 100% of the annual total cost of attending any of Education City universities.
Guiding Financial Aid Principles:
- No matter what Education City university you are enrolled in, you are subject to the same criteria when Qatar Foundation determines your eligibility for financial aid.
- Annual renewal of Financial Aid is contingent upon maintaining good academic standing. Note that you must reapply for financial aid each year.
- Once you are granted financial aid, Qatar Foundation will be committed to the same aid percentage when you apply next academic year provided you maintain a good academic standing and your family’s financial needs do not change drastically.
- In exchange for the loans awarded, you will be expected upon graduation to repay the full amount of the loan according to a repayment plan or to participate in a paid service program at an organization in Qatar approved by Qatar Foundation. You are expected to sign the Financial Aid Contract prior to attending classes (please go to the following link to upload the Financial Aid Contract.
Who receives Financial Aid at Education City?
You must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for financial aid:
- Have been admitted to one of the universities located in Education City
- Have enrolled as a full-time student and intend to obtain a bachelors degree at one of the universities within Education City
- Have provided a statement indicating you have not defaulted on loans previously borrowed from Qatar Foundation.
How to apply for Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Application is a strictly online process. You are encouraged to complete the Financial Aid Application online and collect all required supporting documents as early as possible. ONLY after you have accepted a place at one of the universities, you can submit the application online.
When you visit the website, make sure to:
- Complete and upload all required documents in PDF file format.
- Pay attention to deadlines.