The graduate studies program at Texas A&M at Qatar hosted an informative webinar 21 June. A recording of the event can be viewed here.
The application for spring 2017 will open on 15 Aug. 2016.
To make a decision of admission, the following are required components of a complete application portfolio. It is recommended that graduate studies applicants to the Chemical Engineering Program take the steps necessary to complete these requirements well in advance of the deadline.
- Complete the online application. The name on your application must match your name as it appears on your passport. Once your application is submitted, please forward a copy of your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scan the passport information page that contains your full name, passport number and other personal information. If you have a residence permit for Qatar, please submit this as well. Please note that we can only accept passports that will still be valid by the admission decision deadline. We ask that you scan this in full color and at a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
- Upon completion of the application and once we have received and processed your passport, you will be provided a login and password to an online document submission system. On the document submission system you must upload:
- Current resume
- Statement of purpose
- Provide email addresses of exactly three references that will provide us recommendations. The references should be from individuals who are familiar with your academic achievement and potential. If you have been out of school for a number of years and are unable to contact former professors, you may submit non-academic references such as employers.
- Upload transcripts from all previously attended universities. These should be scanned and uploaded from an original or attested copy of the original. Please ensure the resolution is adequate for online reading. If admitted, you will be required to provide the original or attested copy of your transcripts prior to enrollment.
On the document submission system, please pay the $90 graduate application fee.
- On the document submission system input your official GRE verbal and quantitative test scores. As this is a self-reporting mechanism, the Texas A&M at Qatar Office of Research and Graduate Studies will verify all test scores. Verification will be based on data sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS) to Texas A&M University at Qatar. Use code 4290 for reporting GRE scores (department code not needed). Test scores are only valid for five years. For information on sending your GRE scores visit http://www.ets.org/gre/general/scores/send/.
- On the document submission system, verify that you meet English Language Proficiency Verification in any one of the following ways:
- TOEFL score of at least 80 in iBT (213 computer-based, 550 paper-based)
- IELTS score of 6.0
- GRE Verbal score of at least 146 (score of 400 for old scoring system if exam taken before 1 August, 2011)
- Received a baccalaureate degree following four years of study at an accredited U.S. Institution (as shown on the transcript you provide).
If you meet the English language proficiency requirements by your TOEFL score, then you must request that your test scores be sent directly from Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M University at Qatar. Use code 4290 for reporting TOEFL scores (department code not needed). For more information on sending your TOEFL scores visit http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/scores/send/. If you are meeting the English language proficiency requirements by your IELTS score, then you will be required to provide the original score sheet to Texas A&M at Qatar Office of Research and Graduate Studies prior to enrollment, if admitted. Test scores are only valid for two years.
Graduate students enrolling for classes at Texas A&M University at Qatar are billed per credit hour.
- 1 credit hour = QAR 4,591
- 2 credit hours = QAR 7,091
- 3 credit hours = QAR 9,590
- 4 credit hours = QAR 12,090
- 5 credit hours = QAR 14,589
- 6 credit hours = QAR 17,089
- 7 credit hours = QAR 19,588
- 8 credit hours = QAR 22,088
- 9 credit hours = QAR 24,587
- 10 credit hours = QAR 27,087
- 11 credit hours = QAR 29,586
- 12 credit hours = QAR 32,085
- 13 credit hours = QAR 34,529
- 14 credit hours = QAR 36,973
- 15 credit hours = QAR 39,417
The above amounts are all inclusive except for the cost of room and board and are subject to change. Tuition invoices are emailed to students’ Texas A&M at Qatar email addresses and are due upon receipt. Payment can be made at the Cashier’s Office in Portacabin 4 or may be made in installments by post-dated checks by completing this form.
Thank you for your interest in the Texas A&M University at Qatar Chemical Engineering Graduate Program. For other questions, please send us an email at email@example.com. We will be happy to schedule a time to discuss the program at your earliest convenience.
Test bulletin of information and registration form may be obtained by writing to:
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Educational Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
P.O. Box 6000
Educational Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
P.O. Box 6151
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Graduate admission decisions are made by each of the individual Graduate Departments and are competitive; thus, you should contact the specific department or program prior to applying to discuss your intent to apply. The decision to admit an applicant to a program of study leading to a graduate degree is the shared responsibility of an academic department, an intercollegiate faculty (where applicable) and/or a college.