Register to attend the Open House here.
The name on your application must match your name as it appears on your passport. Once your application is submitted, please forward a copy of your passport to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scan the passport information page that contains your full name, passport number and other personal information. If you have a residence permit for Qatar, please submit this as well. Please note that we can only accept passports that will still be valid by the admission decision deadline. We ask that you scan this in full color and at a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
Upon completion of the application and once we have received and processed your passport, you will be provided a login and password to an online document submission system. On the document submission system you must upload:
- Current resume
- Statement of purpose
- Provide email addresses of exactly three references that will provide us recommendations. The references should be from individuals who are familiar with your academic achievement and potential. If you have been out of school for a number of years and are unable to contact former professors, you may submit non-academic references such as employers.
- Upload transcripts from all previously attended universities. These should be scanned and uploaded from an original or attested copy of the original. Please ensure the resolution is adequate for online reading. If admitted, you will be required to provide the original or attested copy of your transcripts prior to enrollment.
- On the document submission system, please pay the $90 graduate application fee.
On the document submission system input your official GRE verbal and quantitative test scores. As this is a self-reporting mechanism, the Texas A&M at Qatar Office of Research and Graduate Studies will verify all test scores. Verification will be based on data sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS) to Texas A&M University at Qatar. Use code 4290 for reporting GRE scores (department code not needed). Test scores are only valid for five years. For information on sending your GRE scores visit, http://www.ets.org/gre/general/scores/send/.
On the document submission system, verify that you meet English Language Proficiency Verification in any one of the following ways:
- TOEFL score of at least 80 in iBT (213 computer-based, 550 paper-based)
- IELTS score of 6.0
- GRE Verbal score of at least 146 (score of 400 for old scoring system if exam taken before 1 August, 2011)
- Received a baccalaureate degree following four years of study at an accredited U.S. Institution (as shown on the transcript you provide).
If you meet the English language proficiency requirements by your TOEFL score, then you must request that your test scores be sent directly from Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M University at Qatar. Use code 4290 for reporting TOEFL scores (department code not needed). For more information on sending your TOEFL scores visit http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/scores/send/. If you are meeting the English language proficiency requirements by your IELTS score, then you will be required to provide the original score sheet to Texas A&M at Qatar Office of Research and Graduate Studies prior to enrollment, if admitted. Test scores are only valid for two years.
How the decision is made
Graduate admission decisions are made by each of the individual Graduate Departments and are competitive; thus, you should contact the specific department or program prior to applying to discuss your intent to apply. The decision to admit an applicant to a program of study leading to a graduate degree is the shared responsibility of an academic department, an intercollegiate faculty (where applicable) and/or a college.
Test bulletin of information and registration form may be obtained by writing to:
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Educational Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
P.O. Box 6000
Educational Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
P.O. Box 6151
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Acts of Dishonesty
All students applying to Texas A&M University at Qatar are expected to follow the Aggie Code of Honor which states “An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal nor tolerate those who do.” Applicants found to have misrepresented themselves or submitted false information on the application will receive appropriate disciplinary action.
Pursuant to the 2013-2014 undergraduate catalog and Texas A&M student rule 24.4.1, acts of dishonesty include but are not limited to:
- Withholding material information from the University, misrepresenting the truth during a University investigation or student conduct conference, and/or making false statements to any University official.
- Furnishing false information to and/or withholding information from any University official, faculty member, or office.
- Forgery, alteration, or misuse of any University document, record, or instrument of identification.
The submission of false information at the time of admission or readmission is ground for rejection of the application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance, cancellation of enrollment, dismissal or other appropriate disciplinary action.