It’s time to master new knowledge.
The application for fall 2013 is now closed. Please check back in September for the spring 2014 admissions application.
In preparation for admission, the following are required components of a complete application portfolio. It is recommended that graduate studies applicants take steps necessary to complete these requirements well in advance of applying.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org a scan of your passport information page that contains your full name, passport number and other information. We ask that you scan this in full-color and at a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
- Provide a current CV, statement of purpose, and three (3) letters of recommendation. The letters of recommendation should be from individuals who are familiar with your academic achievement and potential. If you have been out of school for a number of years and are unable to contact former professors, you may submit non-academic references such as employers. You may email these documents to email@example.com. Please download the reference form here.
- Provide official transcripts from all previously attended universities (you do not need to submit transcripts from Texas A&M University). It is much faster if your previous institutions are able to send your transcripts electronically so be sure and ask if that is available. If not, you may ask each registrar to provide an official transcript in a sealed envelope with the registrar’s signature on the envelope. If you are in Qatar you may hand deliver this to the Office of Records at the Texas A&M Engineering Building. If you live outside of Qatar you may ask your registrar to mail the official transcript to the following address: Graduate Admissions Processing Texas A&M University General Services Complex 750 Agronomy Road Suite 1601 0200 TAMU College Station, TX 77843-0200
- Pay the $90 graduate application fee either in person at the Texas A&M Engineering Building in Education City or by requesting information at firstname.lastname@example.org on how to wire transfer funds to a Texas A&M at Qatar account.
- Request that your GRE test scores be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS) to Texas A&M University at Qatar. Use code 4290 for reporting GRE scores (department code not needed). Test scores are only valid for five (5) years. For more information on sending your GRE scores visit http://www.ets.org/gre/general/scores/send/.
- Meet English Language Proficiency Verification in any one of the following ways:
- TOEFL score of at least 550 paper-based (213 computer-based, 80 in iBT)
- IELTS score of 6.0 (you may email this score sheet to email@example.com)
- GRE Verbal score of at least 400 (score of 146 for revised scoring system if exam taken after 1 August, 2011)
- Received a baccalaureate degree following four years of study at an accredited U.S. Institution (as shown on the transcript you provide).
If you are meeting English Language Proficiency requirements by TOEFL score you must request that your TOEFL test scores be sent directly from Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M University at Qatar. Use code 4290 for reporting TOEFL scores (Department code not needed). Test scores are only valid for five (5) years. For more information on sending your TOEFL scores visit http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/scores/send/. These steps should be completed by 1 May 2013 to be considered for priority admissions and ensure a timely admission decision. Applications and supporting documents submitted after this deadline will be accepted but should be rushed to ensure they are received and processed as early as possible.
For questions or to contact us, please visit our Help Center.