Counseling and Wellness
The mission of the Counseling and Wellness Program is to provide counseling and comprehensive and integrated health education, resources, and services, in order to promote healthy lifestyles, create opportunities for positive behavior modification, and enhance academic success.
Eligibility for Services
Counseling services are available free for any currently enrolled Texas A&M at Qatar student. During the first counseling session the counselor and student will together determine if other services are more appropriate based on student’s situation and concerns.
How To Make an Appointment
There are three ways in which Texas A&M at Qatar students may make an appointment for counseling:
- Visit the Department of Student Affairs in the Texas A&M Engineering Building
- Call +974.4423.0047
- Email Dr. Steve Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments are available from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday.
Records of your counseling sessions are not part of your educational records. Release of these counseling records requires your written permission. Confidentiality is respected to the limits allowed by Texas state law, which include:
- The counselor believes that you are likely to harm yourself and/or another person, he or she may take action necessary to protect you or others by contacting law enforcement officers or a physician.
- The counselor believes that a child has been or may be abused or neglected, the clinician is required to make a report to the appropriate state agency.
- The counselor believes that an elderly or disabled person has been or may be abused, neglected, or subject to financial exploitation.
- If you are a minor (under the age of 18).