Student Involvement Opportunities
Texas A&M at Qatar encourages the development of student organizations to help you connect with others who share your interests. To date, students have organized more than 27 clubs and organizations to reach out to one another. These student-led organizations are the infrastructure by which the Texas A&M at Qatar sense of family is extended into the community.
Here at the Qatar campus, the Aggie tradition of community involvement has grown in fertile ground. Research has shown that a student’s involvement in extracurricular activities can strengthen his or her academic performance and connection to the institution. Getting involved in extracurricular organizations also helps students grow personally, culturally, socially, spiritually and academically.
If you can’t find a group you want, you can always start one yourself.
10 Reasons to Get Involved
- Students who get involved are more likely to be satisfied with their college experience and persist to graduation.
- Four or five years of college gets boring without new friends and new experiences!
- Getting involved provides you a sense of connection that you won’t have if you hurry from class, to your job, to your off-campus residence.
- Getting involved outside of the classroom reinforces the learning that happens inside the classroom.
- Students who get involved get to make a difference because they learn how to get things done.
- Aggie graduates who are former student leaders are known all over the world; you too can be part of this group.
- Students who don’t get involved until they are close to graduating regret they didn’t do it sooner.
- Students who get involved learn important life skills and grow in ways that they weren’t expecting.
- Employers want to hire people who know how to work with others.
- It’s true, you will get out of Texas A&M at Qatar and your college experience what you put into it!