- Not sure where to start on your reflective essay?
- Does delivering a presentation scare you?
- Wondering what to include in your digital portfolio?
Our Writing, Communication, and Multimedia (WCM) consultations bring fresh ideas, helpful feedback, and another set of “eyes” to your writing process.
The Division of Arts and Sciences' Writing Center offers support for Aggie engineering leaders as they continue developing into confident thinkers, writers and speakers. WCM skills are needed across the curriculum of an engineering degree and are vital in the workplace of an engineer.
What can you expect from a WCM appointment?
WCM staff are trained to give constructive feedback with an emphasis on helping students develop their communication skills over time. WCM professional and peer consultants can meet with you individually or in small groups, such as ENGL 210 teams or senior design teams.
When booking an appointment for WCM consultations, students should keep the following in mind:
- WCM assignments are about THOUGHTS. Writing consultants will engage you with feedback about your ideas first, grammar second.
- WCM assignments take TIME. The earlier in the process that you meet with a consultant the better. You can book an initial consultation as soon as you get an assignment!
- WCM assignments are opportunities for DEEP LEARNING. Booking multiple appointments for one assignment is highly encouraged.
Hours and Location
The Writing Center is located in Corridor 313 (between the library and the Center for Teaching and Learning). Our consultants offer appointment bookings and walk-in appointments most weekdays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the academic year, with limited weekend hours.
Check out exact hours and availability at our online booking system.