The Graduate Studies Porgram hosted an online webinar detailing answers to frequently asked questions during the application process. Watch the recording here.
Welcome to the Graduate Program homepage!
We are here to support future and current graduate students.
Texas A&M University at Qatar, recognized as having one of the premier engineering programs in the world, has offered graduate degrees in chemical engineering at Qatar Foundation’s Education City campus since 2011. The curricula offered at the Texas A&M at Qatar campus are materially identical to those offered at Texas A&M University’s main campus in College Station, Texas, USA. Courses are taught in English and in a coeducational setting. The reputation for excellence is the same, as is the commitment to equip engineers to lead the next generation of engineering advancement.
Texas A&M at Qatar offers two graduate degrees in chemical engineering:
Master of Science (M.S.)
Master of Engineering (M.Eng.).
The Master of Science requires a minimum of 32 semester credit hours of approved courses and research.
The Master of Engineering degree requires a minimum of 30 semester credit hours of approved courses and no research credit hours.
1. Complete your application online
The name on your application must match your name as it appears on your passport. Once your application is submitted, please forward a copy of your passport to email@example.com. Scan the passport information page that contains your full name, passport number and other personal information. If you have a residence permit for Qatar, please submit this as well. Please note that we can only accept passports that will still be valid by the admission decision deadline. We ask that you scan this in full color and at a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
2. Submit your required documents upon receiving your login and password
Upon completion of the application and once we have received and processed your passport, you will be provided a login and password to an online document submission system. On the document submission system you must upload:
- Current resume
- Statement of purpose
- Provide email addresses of exactly three references that will provide us recommendations. The references should be from individuals who are familiar with your academic achievement and potential. If you have been out of school for a number of years and are unable to contact former professors, you may submit non-academic references such as employers.
- Upload transcripts from all previously attended universities. These should be scanned and uploaded from an original or attested copy of the original. Please ensure the resolution is adequate for online reading. If admitted, you will be required to provide the original or attested copy of your transcripts prior to enrollment.
- On the document submission system, please pay the $90 graduate application fee.
3. Report your GRE scores
On the document submission system input your official GRE verbal and quantitative test scores. As this is a self-reporting mechanism, the Texas A&M at Qatar Office of Research and Graduate Studies will verify all test scores. Verification will be based on data sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS) to Texas A&M University at Qatar. Use code 4290 for reporting GRE scores (department code not needed). Test scores are only valid for five years. For information on sending your GRE scores visit, http://www.ets.org/gre/general/scores/send/.
4. The department requires a satisfactory GRE-V score. If the applicant cannot meet the GRE requirement, we accept TOEFL. The minimum internet-based testing (iBT) score fore TOEFL is 80, with at least 20 in the (i) speaking and (ii) listening setions of the exam.
On the document submission system, verify that you meet English Language Proficiency Verification in any one of the following ways:
- TOEFL score of at least 80 in iBT (213 computer-based, 550 paper-based)
- GRE Verbal score of at least 146 (score of 400 for old scoring system if exam taken before 1 August, 2011)
If you meet the English language proficiency requirements by your TOEFL score, then you must request that your test scores be sent directly from Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M University at Qatar. Use code 4290 for reporting TOEFL scores (department code not needed). For more information on sending your TOEFL scores visit http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/scores/send/. Test scores are only valid for two years.
How the Decision is Made
Graduate admission decisions are made by each of the individual Graduate Departments and are competitive; thus, you should contact the specific department or program prior to applying to discuss your intent to apply. The decision to admit an applicant to a program of study leading to a graduate degree is the shared responsibility of an academic department, an intercollegiate faculty (where applicable) and/or a college.
Testing Information for Graduate Students
Test bulletin of information and registration form may be obtained by writing to:
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Educational Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
P.O. Box 6000
Educational Testing Service
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
P.O. Box 6151
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Act of Dishonesty
All students applying to Texas A&M University at Qatar are expected to follow the Aggie Code of Honor which states “An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal nor tolerate those who do.” Applicants found to have misrepresented themselves or submitted false information on the application will receive appropriate disciplinary action.
Pursuant to the 2013-2014 undergraduate catalog and Texas A&M student rule 24.4.1, acts of dishonesty include but are not limited to:
- Withholding material information from the University, misrepresenting the truth during a University investigation or student conduct conference, and/or making false statements to any University official.
- Furnishing false information to and/or withholding information from any University official, faculty member, or office.
- Forgery, alteration, or misuse of any University document, record, or instrument of identification.
The submission of false information at the time of admission or readmission is ground for rejection of the application, withdrawal of any offer of acceptance, cancellation of enrollment, dismissal or other appropriate disciplinary action.
Below are some videos about the graduate studies program. Watch the entire collection of videos here.