We are delighted that you have chosen to apply for a graduate degree at Texas A&M at Qatar. Navigate this page for more information on our admissions requirements, how our admissions decision are made, and more.
Application dates to apply for Texas A&M at Qatar's Master's Programs in Chemical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering are:
- Fall Admission: 1 January – 15 April
- Spring Admission: 15 August – 15 October
HOW TO APPLY
For fall 2024
(M.S./M.Eng. in chemical engineering and petroleum engineering)
You will be required to submit the following in order to complete your application:
- EngineeringCAS Application
- Statement of Purpose — Students should limit SOP to a page or page and a half.
- Proof of English Proficiency — All international students are required by the University to meet one of the requirements listed on the Office of Admissions website. To view more information on the requirement please visit their website here.
- Transcripts — Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded in EngineeringCAS for review purposes.
- Letters of Recommendation– Students will need to request three (3) letters of recommendation in EngineeringCAS
- Résumé/CV — Students should upload a résumé or CV in EngineeringCAS
- For Fall intake International students must pay a $90 application fee plus the EngineeringCAS processing fee of $58. International Ph.D. students can request to waive the EngineeringCAS fee ($58) by submitting an online waiver form here. Waiver requests received by the Dec. 1 deadline will receive primary consideration.
Texas A&M University collects applications and all documents through the EngineeringCAS portal. It is a centralized application service for graduate engineering programs.
Statement of Purpose
A one- to two-page essay on why you would like to pursue a graduate degree in chemical engineering at Texas A&M University at Qatar. It is also helpful to include an area of interest, relevant experience, and plans for your graduate research.
English Proficiency Requirement
All international students are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirement set forth by the Office of Admissions. Students may meet the requirement with GRE, TOEFL, or IELTS Scores or being a citizen from an approved country. You can view more information on required scores and countries that are approved for waivers on their website at http://admissions.tamu.edu/international/graduate.
- Upload unofficial copies of your transcripts in Quadrant 2 in Engineering CAS.
- If you are admitted, you will need to provide official transcripts to the Texas A&M Office of Admission BEFORE you can register for classes.
- Please DO NOT order a WES Evaluation, or download an evaluation request form for this application. We DO NOT require WES or similar evaluations.
Letters of recommendation/evaluation
- You must request three (3) recommendations/evaluations before you are able to submit your application.
- Recommendation/evaluation letters are not required to be received at the time of the application in order for you to be allowed to submit your application. You can track the progress of your recommendation letter requests in EngCAS. You can also email your recommenders a reminder through EngCAS, or choose to send a request to another recommender.
When requesting recommendation/evaluation letters, please be sure to include the following information in the comment section:
- Texas A&M University
- List the degree and program you are applying to
For Fall intake International students must pay a $90 application fee plus the EngineeringCAS processing fee of $58. International students can request to waive the EngineeringCAS fee ($58) by submitting an online waiver form here. Fee waiver requests are only considered for fall applicants.
Please note that when you click on the application link below, you will be leaving tamu.edu and be directed to the EngineeringCAS site built for applying to the Texas A&M College of Engineering’s graduate programs.
Questions? Contact us.