Dr. Ghada Salama
Instructional Associate Professor
Office Number: 219
Office Phone: +974.4423.0223
Prior to joining Texas A&M University at Qatar's Chemical Engineering department in 2006, Ghada Salama held a post doctorate research grant with the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) main office in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Her research focuses on engineering education.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Cairo University
- Master of Science, Cairo University
- Diploma, American University in Cairo
- 2012-present Senior Lecturer, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- 2006-2012 Lecturer, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- 2005 Teaching Assistant, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio, United States
- 2002-2004 Research Associate, United States Environmental Protection Agency, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
- 2001-2005 Assistant Professor, (on leave), Chemical Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt
- 1994-2001 Lecturer, Chemical Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt
- 2013 Best Student Advisor of the year for SWE (Society for Women Engineers) student organization at Texas A&M University at Qatar
- 2013 Fifth place for outstanding research project from the Qatar National Research Fund for the Undergraduate Research Program Competition
- 2013 Best poster at the World Congress on Engineering Education organized by Texas A&M University at Qatar
- 2013 Mentorship award (runner up) at the Middle East Processing Conference and Exhibition, Bahrain
- 2012 Faculty Appreciation Award by the graduating seniors of Texas A&M University at Qatar
- 2007 The AIChE Chapter Appreciation Award, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- 2002 Postdoctoral fellowship, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Salama, G., and Ahmed B.,: "Spelunking the Engineering World; Analyzing the Impact of the Use of Visualization to Introduce Students to Real World Engineering Applications" 2013 Proceedings at the International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences Academic Conference, Bergen, Norway, June, 2013
- Al-Qahtani, H., Aqeel S.,Barnieh H.,Gouba A.,Hjeij D.,Salem M.,Zourob,M.,Ahmed, B., Salama, G.,Kerr, T. : An investigation Into the Preparation of High School Students to Pursue an Engineering Career", Sixth International Forum on Engineering Education 2012 Proceedings, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, November 2012
- Wilson, R., Salama G., and Farag I.,:" Microalgae Growth in Qatar for Carbon Dioxide Capture and Biodiesel Feedstock Production" Global Journal of Researches in Engineering Vol. XII, 2012
- Al-Qahtani,H., Aqeel S.,Barnieh H., Gouba A.,Hjeij D., Salem M., Zourob, M., Ahmed, B., Salama, G., Kerr, T.,:" An Investigation Into Specific Skills Requiring Enhancement in Qatari High School Students to Succeed in an Engineering Education" Proceedings at the Fourth International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, Barcelona, Spain, July 2012
- Salama G., and Ahmed B.,:" The Longer Term Impact of Fundamental Engineering Skills on Students in Higher Level Courses at Texas A&M at Qatar", Proceedings at IEEE EDUCON, Marrakesh, Morocco, April, 2012
- Salama, G.:" As Diverse As It Gets: Perspectives from Students on Teamwork at an American University in the Arabian Gulf" Proceedings at theThird Asian Conference on Education, Osaka, Japan, October, 2011
- Salama, G. and Ahmed B.,:" Using Peer Evaluation to Assess Individual Performance in Team Projects for Freshman Engineering Students in the Middle East", Proceedings at the American Society for Engineering Education, Vancouver, Canada, June 2011
- Salama, G., and Fahes, M.: "Teaching Effectiveness: Teaching and Learning Styles in a Highly Diverse Setting,", London Science Publishing , CHED (Conference on Higher Education Development) 2010 Proceedings, Beijing, China, 25-26, July 2010.
- Bryant, J., Salama, G., and Fahes, M,.: "Benefits of Freshmen Engineering Projects for Petroleum Engineering Students," SPE 134124-PP, ATCE (Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition) Proceedings, Florence, Italy, September 2010.
- Salama, G.: "Liaising with Livescribe: First Time Reflections with a Magic Pen," poster presented at the INTED (International Technology, Education and Development Conference), Valencia, Spain, 8-10 March 2010.
- Salama G.H (with Gazi Y.), Do it Right: Improving the Delivery of a Problem-Solving Course Through Technology, Teaching with Technology Conference, College Station, Texas, USA 10-11 February 2010
- Salama G.H (with Williams J.), Col-Lab-or-a-tion: Interdepartmental Project-Based Learning for University Students, 1st Foreign Language Learning and Teaching Conference, Bangkok, Thailand 16-17 October 2009,