Dr. Patrick Linke
Program Chair and Professor, Holder of the Qatar Shell Professorship
Office Number: 219F
Office Phone: +974.4423.0251
Dr. Patrick Linke is a Professor of Chemical Engineering and the Chair of the Chemical Engineering Program at Texas A&M University at Qatar. Dr. Linke previously served as the Executive Director of the Office of Graduate Studies. He is the holder of the Qatar Shell Professorship for Energy and Environment and a co-founder / director of the Qatar Sustainable Water and Energy Utilization Initiative (QWE), a center of excellence for research and capacity building at Texas A&M University in Education City. Dr. Linke is a process systems engineer and his activities focus on the design of efficient processes, integrated systems and associated infrastructures. Dr. Linke regularly serves on numerous national and international committees. In Qatar, he served as Chief Engineer for the Qatar National Food Security Programme (QNFSP) in the Office of the Heir Apparent from 2009-2014 and participated in the development of national development strategies. Dr. Linke is actively involved with the Texas A&M Energy Institute as a faculty expert.
Dr. Linke's areas of interest include:
- Process systems engineering and optimization
- Process integration and sustainable process design
- Efficient utilization of natural resources (energy, water and raw materials)
- Computer-aided technologies for decision-support and complex problem-solving
He currently leads research into innovating process designs with a focus on methods to support in silico screening and process synthesis, the efficient use of energy and materials in industrial clusters and the synthesis of novel materials for heat-to-power applications.
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Manchester, 2001
- Master of Science, University of Manchester, 1997
- Diplom-Ingenieur, University of Applied Sciences, Cologne, Germany, 1996
- Interim Chair, Petroleum Engineering Program, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Doha- Qatar, Jan. - Dec. 2020
- Executive Director, Office of Graduate Studies, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Doha- Qatar, 2015 - 2019
- Chair, Chemical Engineering Program, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Doha- Qatar, 2014 - Present
- Professor, Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Doha- Qatar, 2011 - Present
- Founder and Director, Qatar Sustainable Water & Energy Utilization Initiative (QWE), Texas A&M University at Qatar, Doha - Qatar, 2009 - Present
- Member of Executive Board and Chief Engineer, Qatar National Food Security Programme (QNFSP), Office of the Heir Apparent, Doha - Qatar, 2008 - 2014
- Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University at Qatar (TAMUQ), Doha - Qatar, 2007 - 2011
- Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Process Systems Optimization, School of Engineering, University of Surrey, U.K. 2005-2007
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Process Systems Optimization, School of Engineering, University of Surrey, U.K. 2001-2005
- Research Assistant, Centre for Process Integration, University of Manchester, U.K. 1997-2001
- 2012 Faculty Excellence Award, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- 2012 Best Sustainability Initiative, Construction Weekly Qatar Awards
- 2011 Prof. Gianfranco Angelino Award at ORC 2011, The Netherlands 2011
- 2010 Faculty Research Excellence Award, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- 2010 ExxonMobil Teaching Excellence Award, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- 2005-2008 Royal Academy of Engineering ExxonMobil Teaching Fellowship
Alnouri, S.Y., P. Linke, M.M. El-Halwagi (2018). Synthesis of Interplant Water Networks using Principal Pipes. Part 1: Network Representation. Process Integration and Optimization for Sustainability 2(4), 413-434.
Mansour, F., S.Y. Alnouri, M. Al-Hindi, F. Azizi, P. Linke (2018). Screening and Cost Assessment Strategies for End-of-Pipe Zero Liquid Discharge Systems. Journal of Cleaner Production 179, 460-477.
Alnouri, S.Y., P. Linke, M.M. El-Halwagi (2018). Accounting for Central and Distributed Zero Liquid Discharge Options in Interplant Water Network Design. Journal of Cleaner Production 171, 644-661.
Mukherjee, R., R. Gonzalez-Bravo, F. Napoles-Rivera, P. Linke, J.M. Ponce-Ortega, M.M. El-Halwagi (2017). Optimal Design of Water Distribution Networks with Incorporation of Uncertainties and Energy Nexus. Process Integration and Optimization for Sustainability 1(4), 275-292.
Al-Mohannadi, D.M., K. Abdulaziz, S.Y. Alnouri, P. Linke (2017). On the Synthesis of Natural Gas Monetization Networks under Carbon Dioxide Emissions Constraints. Journal of Cleaner Production 168, 735-745.
Hassiba, R., P. Linke (2017). On the Simultaneous Integration of Heat and Carbon Dioxide in Industrial Parks. Applied Thermal Engineering, 127, 81-94.
Hassiba, R., D.M. Al-Mohannadi, P. Linke (2017). Carbon Dioxide and Heat Integration of Industrial Parks. Journal of Cleaner Production 155, 47-56.
Papadopoulos, A.I., Seferlis, P., Linke, P. (2017). A Framework for the Integration of Solvent and Process Design with Controllability Assessment. Chemical Engineering Science 159, 154-176.
Stijepovic, M.Z., A.I. Papadopoulos, P. Linke, V.Z. Stijepovic, A.S. Grujic, M. Kijevcanin, P. Seferlis (2017). Organic Rankine Cycle System Performance Targeting and Design for Multiple Heat Sources with Simultaneous Working Fluid Selection, Journal of Cleaner Production 142, 1950-1970.
Challiwala, M.S., M.M. Ghouri, P Linke, M. El-Halwagi, N.O. Elbashir (2017), A Combined Thermo-kinetic Analysis of Various Methane Reforming Technologies: Comparison with Dry Reforming, Journal of CO2 Utilization 17, 99-111.
Chauhan, V.M., S. Alnouri, P. Linke (2016). Synthesis of integrated membrane desalination and salt production networks. Desalination 400, 25-37.