Dr. Ali Ghrayeb
Office Number: 246L
Office Phone: +974.4423.0292
Wireless and mobile communication
Error correcting coding
Wireless cooperative networks
Wireless sensor networks
Cognitive radio systems
• Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ USA, May 2000.
• M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, New Mexico State Univ., Las Cruces, NM USA, Dec. 1996.
• B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan, June 1994.
Prior to joining TAMUQ, Dr. Ghrayeb has been a professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada (he is on leave from Concordia University). He instructed/co-instructed technical tutorials at several major IEEE conferences.
He served as the TPC co-chair of the Communications Theory Symposium of the 2011 IEEE Globecom conference, and he is serving as the TPC co-chair of the 2016 IEEE WCNC conference.
He serves as an Editor of the IEEE Transactionson Wireless Communications, and IEEE Transactions on Communications.
He served as an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, the Elsevier Physical Communications, and the Wiley Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal.
Sinh Nguyen, Ali Ghrayeb and Mazen Hasna, “Iterative compressive estimation and decoding for network-channel-coded two-way relay sparse channel,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 1992-1995, Dec. 2012.
- Zied Bouida, Kamal Turki, Ali Ghrayeb, Khalid Qaraqe, and Mohamed-Slim Alouini, “Power adaptation for joint switched diversity and adaptive modulation schemes in spectrum sharing systems,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1482-1485, Sept. 2012.
- Xiangnian Zeng, Ali Ghrayeb and Mazen Hasna, “Joint optimal threshold-based relaying and ML detection in network-coded two-way relay,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 2657-2667, Sept. 2012.
- Farrokh Etezadi, Keyvan Zarifi, Ali Ghrayeb and Sofiene Affes, “Decentralized relay selection schemes in uniformly distributed wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 938-951, March 2012.
- Xuehua Zhang, Mazen Hasna and Ali Ghrayeb, “Performance analysis of relay assignment schemes for cooperative networks with multiple source-destination pairs,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 166-177, Jan. 2012.
- Keyvan Zarifi, Ali Ghrayeb and Sofiene Affes, “Jointly optimal source power control and relay matrix design in multipoint-to-multipoint cooperative communication networks,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 4313-4330, Sept. 2011.
- Xuehua Zhang, Ali Ghrayeb and Mazen Hasna, “On relay assignment for network-coded cooperative systems,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 868-876, March 2011.
- Ghaleb Al-Habian, Ali Ghrayeb, Mazen Hasna, and Adnan Abu-Dayya, “Threshold-based relaying in coded cooperative networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 123-135, January 2011.
- Sinh Nguyen, Ali Ghrayeb, Ghaleb Al-Habian and Mazen Hasna, “Mitigating error propagation in two-way relay channels employing network coding,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 3380-3390, November 2010.
- Taher Abualrub, Ali Ghrayeb, Nuh Aydin and Irfan Siap, “On the construction of skew quasi-cyclic codes,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 2081-2090, May 2010.
- Jeyadeepan Jeganathan, Ali Ghrayeb, Leszek Szczecinski, and Andres Ceron, “Space shift keying modulation for MIMO channels,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 3692-3703, July 2009.