Dr. Ali Ghrayeb
Professor/ABET coordinator IEEE Fellow
Office Number: 246L
Office Phone: +974.4423.0292
- Wireless communication
- Cellular networks
- Internet of Things
- Visible Light Communications
- Physical Layer Security
- Smart Grids
- Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ USA.
- M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, New Mexico State Univ., Las Cruces, NM USA.
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan.
- Prior to joining TAMUQ, he was a tenured professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- He has supervised to completion 9 PhD students and 15 masters students (as of June 2020)
- He has been the ECEN ABET Coordinator since 2014.
- He instructed/co-instructed technical tutorials at several major IEEE conferences.
- He serves on the IEEE Communications Society GITC (GLOBECOM/ICC Technical Content) Committee.
- He serves on the IEEE Communications Society Conferences Council.
- He served as the Executive Chair of IEEE WCNC 2016.
- He served on the editorial of several IEEE Transactions journals.
- IEEE Fellow, January 2019
- Mohamed Amine Arfaoui, Mohammad Dehghani Soltani, Iman Tavakkolnia, Ali Ghrayeb, Harald Haas, Majid Safari, Chadi Assi, “Physical layer security for visible light communication systems: A survey,” IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (accepted April 2020)
- Hossam ElHusseini, Chadi Assi, Bassam Moussa, Ribal Attallah, Ali Ghrayeb, “Blockchain, AI and smart grids: The three musketeers to a decentralized EV charging infrastructure,” IEEE Internet of Things Magazine (accepted February 2020)
- Mohaned Chraiti, Ali Ghrayeb, Chadi Assi, Nizar Bouguilla, and Reinaldo Valenzuela, “A framework for unsupervised planning of cellular networks using statistical machine learning,” IEEE Transactions on Communications (accepted January 2020)
- Mohammad Dehghani Soltani, Mohamed Amine Arfaoui, Iman Tavakkolnia, Ali Ghrayeb, Harald Haas, Majid Safari, Chadi Assi and Mazen Hasna, “Bidirectional optical spatial modulation for mobile users: Towards a practical design for LiFi systems,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications – Special Issue on Spatial Modulation, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 2069-2086, Sept. 2019.
- Moataz Shoukry, Sanaa Sharafeddine, Chadi Assi, Tri Minh Nguyen and Ali Ghrayeb, “Trajectory planning and resource allocation of multiple UAVs for data delivery in vehicular networks,” IEEE Networking Letters, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 107-110, Sept. 2019.
- Young Jin Chun, Simon Cotton, Harpreet Dhillon, Ali Ghrayeb and Mazen Hasna, “A stochastic geometric analysis of device-to-device communications operating over generalized fading channels,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 4151-4165, July 2017.
- Young Jin Chun, Mazen Hasna and Ali Ghrayeb, “Modeling heterogeneous cellular networks interference using Poisson cluster processes,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications – Special Issue on HetNets, vol. 33. No. 10, pp. 2182-2195, October 2015.
- Marco Di Renzo, Harald Haas, Ali Ghrayeb, Shinya Sugiura and Lajos Hanzo, “Spatial modulation for generalized MIMO: Challenges, opportunities and implementation,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 56-103, January 2014.