Dr. Erchin Serpedin
Program Chair and Professor IEEE Fellow
Office Number: 246K
Office Phone: +974.4423.0426
Ph.D., University of Virginia
M.Sc., Georgia Institute of Technology
Specialization Degree in Transmission and Processing of Information, L'Ecole Superieure d'Electricite (SUPELEC), Paris, France
- January 2020 – Present: Program Chair, Electrical and Computer Engineering Program, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- September 2019 – December 2019: Interim Program Chair, Electrical and Computer Engineering Program, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- August 2015 – Present: Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering Program, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- September 2010 – Present: Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University
- September 2005 – August 2010: Associate Professor (with Tenure), Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University
- July 1999 – August 2005: Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University
25th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC), Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, November 2019
IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Best Paper Award, Shanghai, China, June 2019
IEEE Signal Processing Magazine Best Column Award for 2018, December 2018
Globecom 2014 - Global Communications Conference - Best Paper Award
Editor-in-Chief for EURASIP Journal on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, Springer (Online Journal)
IEEE Gensips (IEEE International Workshop on Genomic Signal Processing and Statistics) 2013: Best Paper Award
William Keeler Faculty Fellow Award
Elected IEEE Fellow, January 2013
U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) Career Award, January 2001
- E. Serpedin, T. Chen, and R. Dinesh, Mathematical Foundations for Signal Processing, Communications and Networks, CRC Press/Francis & Taylor, 2012.
M. Ismail, M. Shakir, E. Serpedin, and K. Qaraqe, Green Heterogeneous Wireless Networks, Wiley, 2016.
E. Serpedin and Q. Chaudhari, Synchronization of Wireless Sensor Networks: Parameter Estimation, Performance Benchmarks and Protocols, Cambridge University Press, 2009.
A. Noor, A. Ahmad, E. Serpedin, M. Nounou and H. Nounou, ROBNCA: Robust Network Component Analysis for Recovering Transcription Factor Activities, Bioinformatics, Oxford, 2013 Oct 1;29(19):2410-8.
S. Park, E. Serpedin, and K. Qaraqe, On the equivalence between Stein identity and de Bruijn identity, IEEE Trans. On Information Theory, vol.58, no. 12, pp. 7045 - 7067, Dec. 2012.
S. Ekin, M. Abdallah, E. Serpedin, and K. Qaraqe, Random Access and Scheduling in Spectrum Sharing OFDM-Based Wireless Networks, IEEE Trans. On Signal Processing, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 4758 - 4774, Sept. 2012.