Dr. Jim Ji
Office Number: 246S
Office Phone: +974.4423.0213
Magnetic resonance imaging: parallel imaging, pulse sequence development, data acquisition protocols, and image reconstruction
Signal and image processing: image registration and segmentation; quantitative analysis; machine learning
Applications in cancer imaging, neuroimaging, and cardiac imaging.
PhD University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003
MS Tsinghua University, Beijing, 1997
BS Tsinghua University, Beijing, 1993
Distinguished Lecturer Award, Oversea Chinese Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (2018)
Outstand Professor Award, ECEN, Texas A&M University (2017)
ECEN Faculty Teaching Award, Texas A&M University at Qatar (2017)
Outstanding Teaching Award, Chinese Academy of Science, Paul Lauterbur Bio-Imaging Center (2015)
Distinguished Editorial Board Member Award, Quantitative Imaging in Medicine and Surgery (2014)
CAREER Award, National Science Foundation (2008-2013)
Seshu-Sandrum Fellowship, UIUC (2001-2002)
Zhongwang Outstanding Graduate Student Prize, Tsinghua University (1996)
Tsinghua University Scholarship, Tsinghua University (1992-1993)
- J. Lusher (*), J. Orr and J. Ji, “High-Performance Correlation and Mapping Engine for Rapid Generating Brain Connectivity Networks from Big fMRI Data,”, Journal of Computational Science, 2018:26, 157-64.
- X. Zhang, G. Xie, Z. Wei, F. Yan, C. Shi, S. Su, X. Liu, J. X. Ji, B. Qiu, “Three-dimensional self-gated cardiac MR imaging for the evaluation of myocardial infarction in mouse model on a 3T clinical MR system,” 2017:12(12), PlosOne, 2017
- S. Su, Y. Ren, C. Shi, X. Zhang, J. X. Ji, Y. Zhang, G. Xie, “Black-blood T2* Mapping with Delay Alternating with Nutation for Tailored Excitation,” Mag. Reson. Imag., 2017:40, 91-97.
- Z. Chen, X. Zhang, C. Shi, S. Su, Z. Fan, J. X. Ji, X. Liu, G. Xie, “Accelerated 3D Coronary Vessel Wall MR Imaging Based on Compressed Sensing with a Block-Weighted Total Variation Regularization,” Appl. Mag. Reson., 2017:48(4), 361-378.
- Z. Chen, Y. Ren, S. Su, C. Shi, J. X. Ji, H. Zheng, X. Liu, G. Xie, “Joint Reconstruction of Multi-contrast Images and Multi-channel Coil Sensitivities,” Appl. Mag. Reson., 2017:48(6), 761-778.
- C.-H. Chang (*), X.-D. Yu and J. Ji, “Compressed Sensing MRI Reconstruction from 3D Multichannel Data Using GPUs,” Mag. Reson. Med. 2017:78(6), 2265-2274.
- C. Shi, G. Xie, Y. Zhang, X. Zhang, M. Chen, S. Su, Y. Dong, X. Liu, J. Ji, “Accelerated Susceptibility-Based Positive Contrast Imaging of MR Compatible Metallic Devices Based on Modified Fast Spin Echo Sequences," Phys. Med. Biol., 62(7):2505-2520, 2017.
- J. F. Griffin, M. C. Davis, J. X. Ji, N. D. Cohen, B. D. Young, and J. M. Levine, “Quantitative magnetic resonance imaging in a naturally-occurring canine model of spinal cord injury,” in Nature: Spinal Cord, 53(4):278-84, 2015.
- Y. Dong (*), Z. Chang, G. Whitehead, G. Xie, and J. Ji, “Susceptibility-Based Positive-Contrast MRI for Brachytherapy Seed,” in Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, v. 74, no. 3, pp. 716-726, 2015.
- Z. Dai, J. Ji, G. Xiao, G. Yan, S. Li, G. Zhang, Y. Lin, Z. Shen, R. Wu, “Magnetization Transfer Prepared Gradient Echo MRI for CEST Imaging,” in PLoS ONE 9(11): e112219, 2014. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0112219.
- X. Zhang and J. Ji, “Parallel and sparse MR imaging: methods and instruments—Part 1,” in Quant Imaging Med Surg 2014, v. 4, no. 1, pp. 1-3. doi: 10.3978/j.issn.2223-4292.2014.03.01.
- J. Ji and X. Zhang, “Parallel and sparse MR imaging: methods and instruments—Part 2,” in Quant Imaging Med Surg 2014; v. 4, no. 2, pp.68-69. doi: 10.3978/j.issn.2223-4292.2014.04.16.
- (*)C.-H. Chang and J. Ji, “Improved multi-channel compressed sensing MRI with reweighted L1 minimization,” Quantitative Imaging in Medicine & Surgery, v:4, no. 1, 2014.
- (*) S. Feng and J. Ji, “Efficient method to design RF pulses for parallel excitation MRI using gridding and conjugate gradient,” Quantitative Imaging in Medicine & Surgery, v:4, no. 2, 2014.
- C Park, J. Z. Huang, J. Ji, and Yu Ding, “Segmentation, Inference and Classification of Partially Overlapping Nanoparticles,” in IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell.v:35, no. 3, pp.669-680, 2013.
- (*) S. Feng and J. Ji, “Parallel Magnetic Resonance Imaging Using Localized Receive Arrays With Sinc Interpolation (PILARS),” Mag. Reson. Med., v. 67, no. 2, pp. 1114-1119, August, 2012.
- Z. Chang, X. Qing-San, H. Shen, J. Ji, and F-F. Yin, “Accelerating Phase Contrast MR Angiography by Simplified Skipped Phase Encoding and Edge Deghosting with Array Coil Enhancement (S-SPEED-ACE),” Medical Physics, v. 39, no. 3, pp. 1247-1252 2012.
- J. Ji , V. Pham, X.-P. Zhu, and K.-L. Li, “Parameter Estimation in Arterial Spin Labeling MRI: Comparing the Four Phase Model and the Buxton Model with Fourier Transform,” in Quant Imaging Med. Surg., v.1, pp.17-23, 2011.
- (*) S. Feng, Y.-Zhu and J. Ji, “Efficient Large-Array k-Domain Parallel MRI Using Channel-by-Channel Array Reduction,” Mag. Reson. Imag. v. 29, no. 2, pp. 209-215, 2011.