Dr. Khalid Qaraqe
Professor, Managing Director, Center for Remote Healthcare Technology at Qatar
Office Number: 246M
Office Phone: +974.4423.0215
Research interests cover the following areas:
- Communication theory and its application to the design and performance analysis
- Cellular and indoor communication systems
- Development of 3G WCDMA, 3G LTE, WiMax wireless communications, diversity techniques, channel estimation and multi-carrier modulation.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Texas A&M University, 1997
- Master of Science, University of Jordan, 1989
- Bachelor of Science, University of Technology, 1986
A forerunner in the wireless telecommunications field, Dr Qaraqe has held positions at various cutting-edge telecommunications companies, working on design, product development, testing and integration.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Texas A&M University at Qatar, 2004-present
- Lead Performance Eng., Qualcomm, San Diego, CA, USA, 2002-2004
- Consulting, Enad Design Systems, College Station, TX, USA, 2001-2002
- Principal and lead Design Eng., Cadence Design Systems/Tality Corporation, San Jose, CA, USA, 1997-2001
- Technical Engineer, Ericsson Telecommunication, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 1989-1994
- K. A. Qaraqe, M. Mohammad, H. Celebi, A. El-Saigh, "The Impact of Node Distribution on The Transport Capacity of Adhoc Dispersed Spectrum Cognitive Radio Systems", International Conference on Telecommunications (IEEE ICT2010), Doha, Qatar, April 2010.
- S. Choi, M- S. Alouini, and K. A. Qaraqe, "Joint Adaptive Modulation and Diversity Combining with Feedback Error Compensation", IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 57, no.11, pp. 3214 - 3219, Nov. 2009.
- S. Ben Halima, M-S. Alouini, and K. A. Qaraqe, "Joint MS-GSC Combining and Downlink Multiuser Diversity Scheduling", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communication, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 3536 - 3545, July 2009.
- Q. M. Chaudhari, E. Serpedin, and K. A. Qaraqe, "On Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Clock Offset and Skew in Wireless Sensor Networks with Exponential Delays", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 56, no. 5, pp 1685-1697, April 2008.
- K. A. Qaraqe and S. Roe, "Channel Estimation Algorithms for Third Generation", The IEEE Semiannual Vehicular Technology Conference VTC2001, Rhodes, Greece May 6-9, 2001.
- K. A. Qaraqe and N. C. Griswold, "Performance Analysis of the coded SFH-SSMA Communication Systems over MUI Channel with Side Information", 49th Annual international Vehicular Technology Conference, VTC 99, Houston, TX, May 1999.