Dr. Moin Ahammed
Technical Laboratory Coordinator
Office Number: 241D
Office Phone: +974.4423.0551
Sk Moin Ahammed is currently working as a Technical Laboratory Coordinator in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Program. He joined Texas A&M University at Qatar on December 2009. Since then he was working as a Research Associate on different NPRP projects. He was awarded as the best researcher at TAMUQ for the year 2010-11. He has published more than 70 articles in different international conferences and journals. He is an IEEE senior member.
Moin’s professional interests include power electronics, electric drives and multi-phase converter especially matrix converter.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia, 2016.
M.Tech., Electrical Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India, 2008.
B.Tech., Electrical Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India, 2006.
- Best Post Graduate Student Award in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) for the year 2016.
- Best Paper Award in IEEE ICIT-2013
- Best Research Fellow Excellence Award in Texas A&M University, Qatar for the year 2010-2011.
- Awarded Gold medal for standing first in M.Tech (Electrical Engineering), Aligarh Muslim University (2008), Aligarh, India.
Chapter. 15. Multi-phase Matrix Converter Topologies and Control. Chapter Author: Sk. Moin Ahmed, Atif Iqbal , Haitham Abu-Rub
Book: Power Electronics for Renewable Energy Systems, Transportation and Industrial Applications:
Author: Haitham Abu-Rub, Mariusz Malinowski, Kamal Al-Haddad.
ISBN: 978-1-118-63403-5, Publisher: Wiley
· SK, Moin. A., Abu-Rub, H. and Salam, Z. (2015), "Common-mode Voltage Elimination in a Three-to-Five Phase Dual Matrix Converter Feeding a Five Phase Open-end Drive Using Space Vector Modulation Technique," IEEE Transaction. On Industrial. Electronics. Vol: 62. No. 10, pp. 6051-6063.
· SK, Moin. A., Salam, Z. and Abu-Rub, H. (2015), "An Improved Space Vector Modulation for a Three-to-Seven-Phase Matrix Converter with Reduced Number of Switching Vectors," IEEE Transaction. On Industrial. Electronics. Vol: 62. No. 6, pp. 3327-3337.
· SK, Moin. A., Iqbal, A., Abu-Rub, H., (2011), “Generalized Duty ratio Based Pulse Width Modulation Technique for a Three-to-k phase Matrix converter”, IEEE Transaction. On Industrial. Electronics. Vol: 58. No. 9, pp. 3925-3937.