Dr. Arun Srinivasa
Office Number: 234
Office Phone: +974.4423.0428
Plasticity of metals and polymers; thermomechanics of dissipative processes, dislocation dynamics, Cosserat continua, design and dynamics of compliant mechanisms.
- Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, 1991
- B. Tech Indian Institute of Technology, India 1986
- The Archie Higdon Distinguished Educator Award (2018)
- UC Berkeley Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award (1990)
- The Berkeley Fellowship (1986-1989)
- The Banco Foundation Gold Medal (1986)
- The Raghavendra Memorial Prize (1984)
Ghosh, P., Rao, A., and Srinivasa, A. R. “Design of Multi-state and Smart-bias Components Using Shape Memory Alloy and Shape Memory Polymer Composites.” Materials and Design. 44 (2013): 164-171.
Jung S., Phares, D. J. and Srinivasa, A. R. “A Model for Tracking Inertial Particles in a Lattice Boltzmann Turbulent Flow Simulation.” International Journal of Multiphase Flow. 49.107 (2012).
Doraiswamy S., Narayanan, K.R. and Srinivasa, A. R. “Finding Minimum Energy Configurations for Constrained Beam Buckling Problems Using the Viterbi Algorithm.” International Journal of Solids and Structures. 49.2 (2012): 289-297.
Narayanan, K. R. and Srinivasa, A. R. “Shannon-entropy-based Nonequilibrium “Entropic” Temperature of a General Distribution.” Physical Review E. 85.3 (2012).
Srinivasa A. R. "On the Use of the Upper Triangular (or QR) Decomposition for Developing Constitutive Equations for Green-elastic Materials.” International Journal of Engineering Science. 60 (2012): 1-12.