Dr. Bing Guo
Office Number: 234H
Office Phone: +974.4423.0450
- Air quality measurement and pollution source apportionment
- Combustion property measurement for liquid hydrocarbon fuels, aerosol shock tube
- Dust control technologies, electrodynamic dust shield (EDS)
- Impact of dust on aircraft engines and solar energy in desert environments
- Modeling of solar PV module performance in desert environments
- Physics- and artificial-intelligence-based image processing, image-based low-cost ambient particulate matter sensor
- Renewable energy and the environment
- Advanced monitoring methods of solar photovoltaic (PV) module health and performance, measurement and modeling of solar PV soiling
- Mechanics of dust particles in dynamic electric field, multi-physics simulation of aerosol behavior in air flow
- Ph.D., Tsinghua University
- M. S., Tsinghua University
- B.S., Tsinghua University
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Program, Texas A&M University at Qatar (August 2013 – present)
- Consultant, Aerolinc Consulting Services (July 2011 – July 2013)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University (January 2006 – June 2011)
- Researcher, Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, University of California, Davis (July 1999 – November 2005)
- Lecturer, Department of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University (December 1997 – June 1999)
- Dean’s Fellow for High-Impact Learning and Teaching with Technology, Texas A&M University at Qatar, 2014
- Outstanding Doctorate Dissertation of Tsinghua University, 2000
- Guo, B., Figgis, B., Javed, W., Measurement of electrodynamic dust shield efficiency in field conditions. Journal of Electrostatics. DOI: 10.1016/j.elstat.2018.11.007. Vol. 97, 26-30, 2019
- Javed, W.*; Iakovides, M.; Stephanou, E. G.; Wolfson, J. M.; Koutrakis, P.; Guo, B., Concentrations of aliphatic and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in ambient PM2.5 and PM10 particulates in Doha, Qatar. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association. DOI: 10.1080/10962247.2018.1520754. 2018
- Guo, B., Javed, W., Pett, C., Wu, C.-Y., Scheffe, J. R., Electrodynamic dust shield performance under simulated operating conditions for solar energy applications. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. DOI: 10.1016/j.solmat.2018.05.021, Vol. 185, 80-85, 2018.
- Chen, E. Y.-T.*, Guo, B., Liang. H., Measurement of dust sweeping force for cleaning solar panels. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells. 10.1016/j.solmat.2017.12.009, Vol. 179, 247-253, 2018.
- Guo, B., Javed, W.*, Efficiency of Electrodynamic Dust Shield at Dust Loading Levels Relevant to Solar Energy Applications. IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, DOI: 10.1109/JPHOTOV.2017.2764890, Vol. 8, 196-202, 2018.
- Kawamoto, H., Guo, B. Improvement of an electrostatic cleaning system for removal of dust from solar panels. Journal of Electrostatics, DOI: 10.1016/j.elstat.2017.12.002, Vol. 91, 28-33, 2018.
- Figgis, B., Nouviaire, A., Wubulikasimu, Y., Javed, W.*, Guo, B., Ait-Mokhtar, A., Belarbi, R., Ahzi, S., Rémond, Y., Ennaoui, A. Investigation of factors affecting condensation on soiled PV modules. Solar Energy, Vol. 159, 488–500, 2018.
- Javed, W.*, Guo, B., Figgis, B. Modeling of photovoltaic soiling loss as a function of environmental variables. Solar Energy, DOI: 10.1016/j.solener.2017.08.046, Vol. 157, 397-407, 2017.
- Chestnutt, J.*, Ashkanani, H., Guo, B., Wu, C.-Y. Simulation of microscale particle interactions for optimization of an electrodynamic dust shield to clean desert dust from solar panels. Solar Energy, DOI: 10.10.16/j.solener.2017.07.064. Vol. 155, 1197 – 1207, 2017.
- Javed, W.*, Wubulikasimu, Y., Figgis, B., Guo, B. Characterization of dust accumulated on photovoltaic panels in Doha, Qatar. Solar Energy, DOI: 10.1016/j.solener.2016.11.053. Vol. 142, 123 – 135, 2017.
- Figgis, B., Ennaoui, A., Guo, B., Javed, W., Chen, E., Outdoor soiling microscope for measuring particle deposition and resuspension. Solar Energy, DOI: 10.1016/j.solener.2016.08.015. Vol. 137, 158 – 164, 2016.
- Tang, Y.*, Guo, B., Ranjan, D., Numerical simulation of aerosol deposition from turbulent flows using three-dimensional RANS and LES turbulence models. Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics, DOI: 10.1080/19942060.2015.1004818. Vol. 9, No. 1, 174–186, 2015.
- Guo, B., Javed, W., Figgis, B., Mirza, T., Effect of Dust and Weather Conditions on Photovoltaic Performance in Doha, Qatar. In IEEE Proceedings for the First Workshop on Smart Grid and Renewable Energy. Doha, Qatar. March 22-23, 2015.