Dr. Ibrahim Galal Hassan
Office Number: 234D
Office Phone: +974.4423.0290
Professor Hassan’s research interests include Heat Transfer, Multiphase Flow, Design of District Cooling Networks, and Urban Building Energy Modeling. His research work involves complex physics, rigorous measurements and modern simulation methods.
- Ph.D., University of Manitoba, Canada, 1995
- PDF, University of British Columbia, 1996-1998
- Professor, Texas A&M University at Qatar, 2013 - present.
- Interim Chair, Mechanical Engineering Program, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Sept. 2019 - March 2020.
- Graduate Program Director, Concordia University, Montréal, Canada, 2005 - 2006.
- Assistant to Tenured Full Professor, Concordia Univ., Montréal, Canada, 2000 - 2013.
- Elected ASME Fellow, 2017.
- Received National Priorities Research Program Award Grants in 2017-2023.
- Received the prestigious NSERC “National Science and Research Council of Canada” Discovery Accelerator Supplement (DAS) Award in 2010-2013.
- Awarded, a large no. of research projects (2000-2023), e.g., from NSERC, PWC, CRIAQ, MDEIE, CFI (Canada); TEES-Texas A&M University (USA); and QNRF (Qatar).
- Recipient of the honorary teaching excellence awards from Concordia’s Engineering and Computer Science Council.
- A member of the Society of Professional Engineers of Ontario, Canada.
- Athanasios I. Papadopoulos, Alexios-Spyridon Kyriakides, Panos Seferlisb, Ibrahim Hassan, Absorption Refrigeration Processes with Organic Working Fluid Mixtures- A Review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 109 (2019) 239–270.
- Dimitris Gkouletsos, Athanasios I. Papadopoulos, Panos Seferlis, Ibrahim Hassan, Systematic Modeling under Uncertainty of Single, Double and Triple Effect Absorption Refrigeration Processes, Energy 183 (2019) 262-278.
- Ahmad Eltaweel and Ibrahim Hassan, “Experimental Study of a Single Micorchannel Flow under Non-uniform Heat Flux”, ASME Journal of ThermalScience and Engineering Applications, Volume 12, Issue 1, February 2020.
- Sambhaji T. Kadam, Gkouletsos D., Hassan I., Rahman, A., Kyriakides A., Papadopoulos A., Seferlis P., Investigation of binary, ternary and quaternary mixtures across solution heat exchanger used in absorption refrigeration and process modifications to improve cycle performance. Energy, Volume 198, 1 May 2020, 117254.
- Syed Raza ur Rehman, Alap Ali Zahid, S. Rushd, Anwarul Hasan, Ibrahim Hassan, Mohammad Azizur Rahman, Experimental Investigation of Volume Fraction in an Annulus with Electrical Resistance Tomography, SPE Journals, SPE-194211-PA, 2019.
- Younes, A.M., Kadem, L. and Hassan, I., “A Semi-Analytical Model of Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop in Annular Flow Regime for Flow Boiling in a Horizontal Micro-Tube at Uniform Heat Flux” Accepted at the Transactions of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering, 2019.
- Sayeed Rushd, Haneen Saeed Hasan, Vassilios Kelessidis, Ibrahim Hassan, Anwarul Hasan, Mohammad Azizur Rahman, Terminal settling velocity of a single sphere in drilling fluid, Particulate Science and Technology Journal, DOI: 10.1080/02726351.2018.1472162, 2018.
- Sajid, M., Hassan, Rahman, M. A., “An Overview of Cooling of Thermoelectric Devices, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 78, 15–22, 2017.
- Elnady, T., Hassan, I., Kadem, L., Experimental Investigation of Louver Cooling Scheme on Gas Turbine Stator, Heat Transfer Engineering, 37 (1), 2016, pp. 82-105.
- El Ayoubi, W. S. Ghaly, and I. G. Hassan. "Aerothermal Optimization and Experimental Verification for Discrete Turbine Airfoil Film Cooling", Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 31, No. 2 (2015), pp. 543-558.
- Younes, A.M., and Hassan, I., "Modeling of Dry-Out Incipience for Flow Boiling in a Circular Micro-Channel at a Uniform Heat Flux", ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, 137(2), 2015, 021502 (12 pages).
- Ming Li, H. and Hassan, I., "The Effects of Counter-Rotating Vortex Pair Intensity on Film-Cooling Effectiveness", Journal Heat Transfer Engineering, 36(16), 2015, pp. 1360-1370.
- Hassan, and I. Hassan, "Experimental investigations of the film cooling effectiveness of a Micro-Tangential-Jet Scheme on a Gas Turbine Vane", Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 61 (2013) 158-171.
- Fan, Y.F., and Hassan, I., "Experimental Investigation of Flow Boiling Instability in a Single Horizontal Microtube with and without Inlet Restriction", ASME. Journal of Heat Transfer, v 134, n 8, p 081501 (11 pp.), 2012.
- K.J., and Hassan, I., "Experimental and Numerical Evaluation of a Scaled-Up Micromixer with Groove Enhanced Division Elements", ASME. Journal of Fluids Engineering (FE-12-1051), In Press, 2012.
- Rahman, M.H., Kim, S.I., and Hassan, I, "Effects of Inlet Temperature Uniformity and Nonuniformity on the Tip Leakage Flow and Rotor Blade Tip and Casing Heat Transfer Characteristics", ASME. Journal of Turbomachinery, v 134, n 2, p 021001 (10 pp.), 2012.
- Bowden, R.C., and Hassan, I., "The Onset of Gas Entrainment from a Flowing Stratified Gas-Liquid Regime in Dual Discharging Branches: Part I: Flow Visualization and Related Phenomena", International Journal of Multiphase Flow, v 37, n 10, p 1358-1370, 2011.
- Hassan, I.G., Soliman, M., Sims, G.E. and Kowalski, J.E., “Discharge from a Smooth Stratified Two-Phase Region Through Two Horizontal Side Branches Located in the Same Vertical Plane”, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol. 22, v. 6, pp. 1123-1142, 1996.