Dr. Ibrahim Galal Hassan
Office Number: 234D
Office Phone: +974.4423.0290
- Ph.D., University of Manitoba, Canada, 1995
- M. Sc., University of Assiut, Egypt, 1989
- B. Eng, University of Assiut, Egypt, 1984
- Professor, Texas A&M University at Qatar, 2013-Present
- Professor, Concordia University, 2009 – 2013
- Associate Professor, Concordia University , 2003 - 2009
- Graduate Program Director, Concordia University, 2005 - 2006
- Assistant Professor, Concordia University, 2000 - 2003
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow, University of British Columbia 1996 - 1998
- Elected ASME Fellow to the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), an honor bestowed on only 3 percent of members. The fellowship distinction is conferred by the ASME Committee of Past Presidents to recognize candidates on their outstanding engineering achievements.
- Dr. Hassan has received two major grants (as LPI and PI), NPRP-Cycle10, 2017-2020, from the Qatar National Research Fund/National Priorities Research Program.
- Dr. Hassan received the prestigious NSERC “National Science and Research Council of Canada” Discovery Accelerator Supplement (DAS) Award in 2010-2013.
- He has received grants, with over $3,500,000 in external funding in Canada, through NSERC, CFI, CRIAQ, MDEIE, PWC.
- He is a recipient of the honorary teaching excellence awards from Concordia’s Engineering and Computer Science Council.
- He is a member of the Society of Professional Engineers of Ontario, Canadian Society of Mechanical Engineers, and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Elnady, T., Hassan, I., Kadem, L., Experimental Investigation of Louver Cooling Scheme on Gas Turbine Stator, Heat Transfer Engineering, 37 (1), 2016, pp. 82-105
C. El Ayoubi, W. S. Ghaly, and I. G. Hassan. "Aerothermal Optimization and Experimental Verification for Discrete Turbine Airfoil Film Cooling", Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 31, No. 2 (2015), pp. 543-558.
Younes, A.M., and Hassan, I., "Modeling of Dry-Out Incipience for Flow Boiling in a Circular Micro-Channel at a Uniform Heat Flux", ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, 137(2), 2015, 021502 (12 pages)
Ming Li, H. and Hassan, I., "The Effects of Counter-Rotating Vortex Pair Intensity on Film-Cooling Effectiveness", Journal Heat Transfer Engineering, 36(16), 2015, pp. 1360-1370.
Smadi O, Garcia J, Pibarot P, Gaillard E, Hassan I, Kadem L., "Accuracy of Doppler- Echocardiographic Parameters for the Detection of Aortic Bileaflet Mechanical Prosthetic Valve Dysfunction", European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Imaging, Vol. 15 (2): pp. 142-151, 2014.
O. Hassan, and I. Hassan, "Experimental investigations of the film cooling effectiveness of a Micro-Tangential-Jet Scheme on a Gas Turbine Vane", Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 61 (2013) 158-171.
Fan, Y.F., and Hassan, I., "Experimental Investigation of Flow Boiling Instability in a Single Horizontal Microtube with and without Inlet Restriction", ASME. Journal of Heat Transfer, v 134, n 8, p 081501 (11 pp.), 2012. (SCI)
Cook. K.J., and Hassan, I., "Experimental and Numerical Evaluation of a Scaled-Up Micromixer with Groove Enhanced Division Elements", ASME. Journal of Fluids Engineering (FE-12-1051), In Press, 2012. (SCI)
Rahman, M.H., Kim, S.I., and Hassan, I, "Effects of Inlet Temperature Uniformity and Nonuniformity on the Tip Leakage Flow and Rotor Blade Tip and Casing Heat Transfer Characteristics", ASME. Journal of Turbomachinery, v 134, n 2, p 021001 (10 pp.), 2012.
Bowden, R.C., and Hassan, I., "The Onset of Gas Entrainment from a Flowing Stratified Gas-Liquid Regime in Dual Discharging Branches: Part I: Flow Visualization and Related Phenomena", International Journal of Multiphase Flow, v 37, n 10, p 1358-1370, 2011.