Dr. Reza Sadr
Office Number: 234L
Office Phone: +974.4423.0149
Research interests include experimental techniques in thermo/fluid science with focused on nano/micro-fluids, turbulent multiphase flows, and optical diagnostic techniques development.
- Micro- and nano-scale fluid mechanics and heat transfer
- Brownian Dynamics and particle-fluid interaction
- Atmospheric turbulence studies
- Sprays and Particle-laden flows
- Electro-Osmotic Fluid mechanics at micro- and nano-scale and related surface chemistry
- Experimental measurement techniques for fluid mechanics and heat transfer, Particle-Image Velocimetry (PIV), and Molecular Tagging Velocimetry (MTV), Phase Doppler Particle Analyser (PDPA)
- Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering, University of Utah, 2002
- Master of Science, Aerospace Engineering, Carleton University, Canada, 1996
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering (Thermo Fluids), Iran University of Science, 1992
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering program, Texas A&M University at Qatar, 2014 – present
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering program, Texas A&M University at Qatar, 2011 – 2014.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering program, Texas A&M University at Qatar, 2008 – 2011.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, George Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (Savannah Campus, GA), 2005 – 2008.
- Research Engineer II (Research Faculty), George Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, GA), 2002 – 2005.
- T Zhang, J Alvarado1, J. P. Muthusamy, A Kanjirakat, R Sadr, “Heat Transfer Characteristics of Double, Triple and Hexagonally-Arranged Droplet Train Impingement Arrays,” accepted for publication International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, HMT_2016_3947_R1, 2017.
- K Kannaiyan, K Anoop and R Sadr, “Effect of Nanoparticles on the Fuel Properties and Spray Performance of Aviation Turbine Fuel,” ASME Journal of Energy Resources Technology, accepted DOI: 10.1115/1.4034858, 2017
- G Yu, O Askari, F Hadi, Z Wang, H Metghalchi, K Kannaiyan and R Sadr, “Theoretical Prediction of Laminar Burning Speed and Ignition Delay Time of Gas-to-Liquid Fuel,” Journal of Energy Resources Technology, 139, 022202-1, 2017
- K Anoop, R Sadr, R Yrac, and M Amani, “High-pressure rheology of alumina-silicon oil nanofluids,” Powder Technology, 301, 1025-1031, 2016
- G Yang, C Erbay, S Yi, P Figueiredo, R Sadr, A Han, and C Yu, “Bifunctional nano-sponges serving as non-precious metal catalysts and self-standing cathodes for high performance fuel cell applications,” accepted for publication, Nano Energy, 2016.
- A Kanjirakat and R Sadr, “Near-wall velocity profile measurement for nanofluids,” AIP Advances, 6, 015308, 2016.
- T Zhang, J P Muthusamy, J L Alvarado, A Kanjirakat, and R Sadr, “Numerical and Experimental Investigations of Crown Propagation Dynamics Induced by Droplet Train Impingement,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, 57, 24-33, 2016.
- J P Muthusamy, T Zhang, J Alvarado, A Kanjirakat, R Sadr, “Effects of High Frequency Droplet Train Impingement on Crown Propagation Dynamics and Heat Transfer,” Journal of Heat Transfer, 138, 20903-1, 2016.
- W L Cheng, A Saleem, and R Sadr, “Recent Warming Trend in the Coastal Region of Qatar,” accepted for publication in Theoretical and Applied Climatology, DOI 10.1007/s00704-015-1693-6, 2015.
- C Erbay, G Yang, P de Figueiredo, R Sadr, C Yu, and A Han, “Three-dimensional porous carbon nanotube sponges for high-performance anodes of microbial fuel cells,” Journal of Power Sources, 298, 177-183, 2015.
- K Tanimizu and R Sadr, “Experimental Investigation of Buoyancy Effects on Convection Heat Transfer of Super Critical CO2 Flow in a Horizontal Tube,” Heat and Mass Transfer, DOI 1007/s00231-015-1580-9, 2015.
- W L Cheng and R Sadr, “Induced Flow Field of Randomly Moving Nanoparticles: A Statistical Perspective,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 18(5), 1317-1328, 2015.
- K Kannaiyan and R Sadr, “Experimental Investigation of Spray Characteristics of Alternative Aviation Fuels,” Energy Conversion and Management, 88, 1060-1069, 2014.
- K Anoop, R Sadr, M Al-Jubouri and M Amani, “Rheology of Mineral Oil-SiO2 Nanofluids at High Pressure and High Temperature,” International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 77, 108-115, 2014.
- A Singha and R Sadr, “An in-situ calibration technique of a four-wire hot-wire anemometer suitable for atmospheric measurement in conjunction with sonic anemometer,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 44, 82-89, 2013.
- K Anoop, R Sadr, J Yu, S. Kang, S Jeon and D Banerjee, “Experimental Study of Forced Convective Heat Transfer of Nanofluids in a Microchannel,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 39(9), 1325-1330, 2012.
- K Anoop, and R Sadr, “nPIV Velocity Measurement of Nanofluids in the Near-Wall Region of a Microchannel,” Nanoscale Research Letters 7, 284, 2012.
- A Singha and R Sadr, “Characteristics of surface layer turbulence in coastal area of Qatar,” Environmental Fluid Mechanics 12, 515-531, 2012.
- M Mittal, R Sadr, H J Schock, A Fedewa, A Naqwi, “In-Cylinder Engine Flow Measurement using Stereoscopic Molecular Tagging Velocimetry (SMTV),” Experiments in Fluids, 46(2), 277-284,
- R Sadr, C Hohenegger, H Li, Peter J. Mucha and, M Yoda, “Diffusion-Induced Bias in Near-Wall Velocimetry,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics 577, 443-456,
- R Sadr, M Yoda, P Gnanaprakasam, and A T Conlisk, “Velocity Measurements Inside the Diffuse Electric Double Layer in Electroosmotic Flow,” Applied Physics Letters 89, 044103,
- H Li, R Sadr, M Yoda, “Multilayer Nano-Particle Image Velocimetry,” Experiments in Fluids 41(2), 185-194,
- R Sadr, H Li and M Yoda, “Impact of Hindered Brownian Diffusion on the Accuracy of Particle-Image Velocimetry Using Evanescent-Wave Illumination,” Experiments in Fluids 38(1), 90-98,
- R Sadr, M Yoda, Z Zheng and A T Conlisk, “An Experimental Study of Electroosmotic Flow in Rectangular Microchannels,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics 506, 357-367,
- R Sadr and J C Klewicki, “An Experimental Investigation of the Near Field Flow Development in Coaxial Jets,” Physics of Fluids 15, 1233-1246,
- R Sadr and J C Klewicki, “Spline-based Techniques for Estimating Flow Velocities Using Two Camera MTV,” Experiments in Fluids 35(3), 257-261,
- M Metzger, J C Klewicki, K Bradshaw and R Sadr, “Scaling the Near-Wall Axial Turbulent Stress in the Zero Pressure Gradient Boundary Layer,” Physics of Fluids 13, 1819-1821,