What will Spring 2021 look like at Texas A&M at Qatar?
The safety of our students, faculty and staff is our highest priority at Texas A&M University at Qatar. As our teams work diligently to adjust and prepare for the next semester, we will continue to share the most up-to-date information about academic operations for Spring 2021, including the university calendar, scheduling changes, and the instruction of courses and labs on this site. Please make sure to consult this page often as plans continue to evolve.
Stay healthy and safe.
If you want to know more about our COVID-19 operation plan, please click here.
Important dates on the university calendar
- Courses begin online/remote on Sunday, 10 Jan. 2021
- The last day of face to face instruction is currently scheduled for Sunday, 25 April. All assignments and projects that require any face-to-face interaction must be completed at this time. The only remaining graded activity that is permissible are activities and projects that may be accomplished remotely, including final exams.
- Spring break will be 28 Feb. to 4 March. No classes nor any other university-related activity may be scheduled for these days.
- The reading day for Spring 2021 is Monday, 26 April. No classes nor any other university-related activity may be scheduled on this day.
- Final exams begin Tuesday, 27 April, and will go through Monday, 3 May. All final exams will be administered online.
More details are provided on the official academic calendar webpage. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to check the university calendar regularly for updates.
- The Spring schedule of courses will be available on 22 Nov. 2020. All changes must be completed by 14 Jan. at 4:30 p.m.
- The standard course schedule is being adjusted to accommodate 20-minute passing periods throughout the day with cleaning between courses. This means the day will go later into the evening. Courses may be scheduled Sunday through Thursday between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- The programming hour for Spring 2021 will be from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Room assignments are being made to accommodate optimal use of available classrooms based on physical distancing seat capacity.
Modes of course delivery
At this time, Texas A&M University at Qatar is planning to offer courses in two ways during Spring 2021:
- Dual (face-to-face with remote option) where all meetings can be attended in-person or remotely, commonly referred to as hyflex; it is the student’s option on how to attend. Exams will be delivered remotely.
- REM (Remote) where all meetings are delivered remotely online. If a meeting time is associated with the course, faculty and students will attend at a specific time (synchronous). If no time is listed, students do not have a scheduled meeting time during the week (asynchronous). Exams will be delivered remotely.
Click here for more information on the modes of course delivery.
Students who need to attend remote or online courses in the building because of face-to-face class schedules are encouraged to use the below designated spaces:
- Classroom 209 — maximum capacity 20
- Classroom 212 — maximum capacity 20
These spaces are available for students from Sunday to Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. Once the capacities are reached, there will be no more students admitted to these rooms. While in the rooms, students are required to adhere to social distancing and mask guidelines. Additionally, to respect everyone using the space, students are encouraged to wear headphone or earbuds while attending class and keep the conversation to a minimum.
For an archive of previous communications to facutly, staff and students, please go here.
For an archive of previous communications about the Fall 2020 semester, please go here.