Dr. Ali Elgindi
Instructional Assistant Professor
Office Number: 316A
2011 : Ph.D. Mathematics, University of Chicago, USA (Adviser: S. Webster)
2004 : BS/MS Mathematics, Michigan State University, USA (Adviser: R. Fintushel)
2018-now : Instructional Assistant Professor at Texas A&M University at Qatar.
2012-2018 : Assistant Professor at Alfaisal University, Riyadh, KSA
- Totally Real Perturbations and Nondegenerate Embeddings of S3, New York Journal of Mathematics (2015).
- A Topological Obstruction to the Removal of a Degenerate Complex Tangent and Some Related Homotopy and Homology Groups, International Journal of Mathematics (2015).
- Complex Tangencies to Embeddings of Heisenberg Groups and Odd-dimensional Spheres, International Journal of Mathematics (2014).
- Bishop Invariants for Embeddings of S3 into ⊄3, New York Journal of Mathematics (2014).
- On the Topological Structure of Complex Tangencies to Embeddings of S3 into ℂ3, New York Journal of Mathematics (2012).
- On the Non-Existence of CR-Regular Embeddings of S5, submitted for publication.