Dr. Mohamed Elgindi
Office Number: 172
Office Phone: +974.4423.0567
- Ph.D. Mathematics - Michigan State University (1987)
- M.S. Algebra - University of London, England (1978)
- B.S. Mathematics - University of Alexandria, Egypt (1975)
- Professor, Mathematics, Texas A & M University at Qatar 2011-Present
- Professor, Mathematics, UW-Eau Claire, Fall 1987-2011
- Director, National Science Foundation Summer Research Program (REU), UW-Eau Claire 2007-2011
- Consultant, Extrusion Die Industry, Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin, 1992-Present
- Visiting Professor, Mathematics, Michigan State University, 1990-2000, 2001-2002
- Visiting Professor, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, 1989-1990, 1995-1997, 2009-2010
National Science Foundation and other Grants
- I am the Principal Investigator of “Collaborative Research: Mathematical and Computational Research Arising in Design and Applications of the Emerging Imaging Technologies,” Collaborative research project with University of Wisconsin-Madison, $131,953, submitted October 2008, Pending.
- I am Co- Principal Investigator of “Scientific Computing Research Environments for the Mathematical Sciences (SCREMS),” Collaborative research project with University of Wisconsin-Madison, $183,000, submitted January 2008, Pending.
- I am Co- Principal Investigator of “Scientific Computing Research Environments for the Mathematical Sciences,” Collaborative research project with University of Wisconsin-Madison, funded by $99,330 National Science Foundation Grant number DMS-0923296, 2009-2010.
- I am the Principal Investigator of Summer Undergraduate Research Experience in Pure and Applied Mathematics, funded by a $269,740 National Science Foundation Grant number 0552350, 2007-2010, http://www.uwec.edu/surepam/.
University of Wisconsin-System Applied Research Grants
I have been the principal investigator of four University of Wisconsin System Applied Research Grants. Ten undergraduate students and one graduate student participated in the research. The Research resulted in three publications, five presentations at local and national conferences, seven poster presentations, and one US patent application:
- Die Geometries Which Minimize Neck-In and Edge Beading in Film Casting, 2004-2005 Applied Research Grant, Funded by the UW-System and Extrusion Dies Inc. ($ 47,000)
- “On Body Profile Design of Extrusion Dies”, 2003-2004 Applied Research Grant, Funded by the UW-System, Extrusion Dies Inc. and UW-Eau Claire Center for Excellent in Student-Faculty Research ($ 44,000)
- “Velocity, Shear Rate, and Temperature Balance of Polymer Flow Through Extrusion Dies,” 2001-2002 UW-System Applied Research Grant, Funded by the UW-System and Extrusion Dies Inc. ($ 45,000)
- “Improvements of Manufacturing of Extrusion Dies in Wisconsin” 1998-1999 UW-System Applied Research Grant, Funded by the UW-System, Production Component, Inc. and UW-Eau Claire Center for Excellent in Student-Faculty Research ($ 38,000).
UW-Eau Claire Internal Research Grants
- McNair Undergraduate Research “Effect of Food on Mathematical Models for Calculating Blood Alcohol Concentration,” Summer 2008, $5000
- Summer Research Experience for Undergraduate “Finite Difference Solutions For The Recovery of Lame Parameters of a Linear Elastic Membrane”, Summer 2006, $4500
- Summer Research Experience for Undergraduate “Exploring the Mathematical Models for Calculating Alcohol Concentration in the Blood”, Summer 2006, $4500
- McNair Undergraduate Research “Uniform Shear Rate Dies,” Summer 2001, $5000
- Summer Research Experience for Undergraduate “Local Regularity and Stability of Interval Matrices,” Summer 1999, $4400
Research Grants funded by the Local Extrusion Die Industries
- PI in two grants supported by local extrusion die industries in, 1994, $20,000 and in 2000, $16,000.
- Buckling and Deformation of Hollomon's Power-Law Tubes, Thin-Walled Structures 74C (2014), pp. 213-221,
- Finite Element Analysis of the Ramberg-Osgood Bar, American Journal of Computational Mathematics, 2013, 3, 211-216
- Existence of Equilibrium States of Hollow Hollomon Cylinders Submerged in a Fluid, Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 7, 2013, no. 66, 3271 – 3280
- Critical Buckling Loads of the Perfect Hollomon's Power-law Columns, Mechanics Research Communications, Volume 47, January 2013, Pages 69–76.
- A Note on the Proof of the Perron-Frobenius Theorem, Applied Mathematics, Volume 3, No. 11, 2012.
- On the Global solvability of the equilibrium equations of a supported hollomon beam subject to axial load, Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 6, 2012, no. 120, 5981 - 5992.
- Homotopy Method for the Eigenvalues of Symmetric Tridi-diagonal Matrices, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 2012,
- Some Generalized Trigonometric Sine Functions and Their Applications, Applied Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 6, 2012, no. 122, 6053 - 6068.
- Flow Rate Through A Blood Vessel deformed Due To A Uniform Pressure, Journal of Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology, 2011, 2, 369-377.
- Viscous flow down a membrane trough, Journal of Fluids and Structures, Elsevier, 15 January 2011,
- Constant Shear rate extrusion die, US Patent Office Publication Number US-2010-0059903-A1 12/206,925, March 2010.