Primal Vivin Pinto
Technical Laboratory Coordinator
Office Number: 317A
Office Phone: +974.4423.0661
Primal Vivin Pinto joined science program at Texas A&M University at Qatar in January 2015 and currently working as a physics laboratory coordinator. Previously she worked at Qatar University, Doha in a research project on radioactivity levels in the marine environment along the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of Qatar. She has five years of research experience in radiation protection and instrumentation. She assisted in teaching M.Sc radiation and nuclear physics courses at Mangalore University and also has a year of teaching experience at St. Aloysius Pre University College, Mangalore.
Ph.D. in Physics, Mangalore University, India, 2014
M.Sc. in Physics, Mangalore University, India, 2008
• Awarded “Research Fellowships in Science for Meritorious Students” from University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India, 2009.
• Awarded “Nobel Laureate Sir C. V. Raman prize, Dr. S.N. Bose prize, Dr. Homi Bhabha prize, NSRP-7” prize in “Radiation Physics” at the convocation of Mangalore University 2009.
1. I. Al-Qaradawi et al, “Study of radioactivity levels in the marine environment along the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of Qatar”, Marine Pollution Bulletin, Vol. 90, p 323-329, 2015.
2. Primal Pinto and Narayana Y., “Studies on the seasonal variation and vertical profiles of natural radionuclides in high background radiation area on the south west coast of India”, Journal of Radio analytical and Nuclear chemistry, doi 10.1007/s10967-014-3241-8, 2014.
3. P. Pinto et al, “Concentration of 222Rn in drinking water along coastal Kerala and evaluation of ingestion dose”, Radiation protection and environment, Vol 34 / Issue,152-216, 2012.
4. Primal and Narayana Y., “A study on 210Po activity concentration in soil at different depths along coastal Kerala’. Journal of Radio analytical and Nuclear chemistry 290:171–174, DOI 10.1007/s10967-011-1175-y, 2011.
5. P. Pinto et al , “Study on the influence of grain size in radon and thoron mass exhalation rate in the high background radiation area of Chavara beach placer deposits”, Proceedings of 8th International Conference on High Levels of Natural Radiation and Radon Areas, Prague, Czech Republic, p 93, 2014.