Primal Vivin Pinto
Technical Laboratory Coordinator
Office Number: 317A
Office Phone: +974.4423.0661
Primal Vivin Pinto joined the science program at Texas A&M University, Qatar, in January 2015 and is currently working as a physics laboratory coordinator. She teaches Physics Recitations and Labs. She previously worked at Qatar University in a research project on radioactivity levels in the marine environment along the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of Qatar. She has five years of research experience in Radiation protection and instrumentation. She also taught Radiation and Nuclear Physics courses at the university.
Ph.D. in Physics, Mangalore University, India, 2014
M.Sc. in Physics, Mangalore University, India, 2008
- World Nuclear University (WNU) 3rd School on Radiation Technology supported by International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and World Council on Isotopes, 2014.
- Measurement techniques of Radon, Thoron and their decay products, at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, 2011.
• Awarded “Research Fellowships in Science for Meritorious Students” from University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India, 2009.
• Awarded “Nobel Laureate Sir C. V. Raman prize, Dr. S.N. Bose prize, Dr. Homi Bhabha prize, NSRP-7” prize in “Radiation Physics” at the convocation of Mangalore University 2009.
- P. Pinto et al, “Mass exhalation rates, emanation coefficients and enrichment pattern of radon, thoron in various grain size fractions of monazite”, Rad. Meas. 130, 2020.
- I. Al-Qaradawi et al, “Study of radioactivity levels in the marine environment along the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) of Qatar”, Marine Pollution Bulletin, Vol. 90, p 323-329, 2015.