How to Get Help
The Research Computing staff can provide assistance to users during working hours (Sun-Thu, 7:30am-4:30pm). You can contact us by opening a helpdesk ticket at "email@example.com". In-person consulting can be set up as needed, and at a mutually agreed time and location. Policy-related questions or issues should generally be addressed to the Director for Research Computing, Dr. Othmane Bouhali "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Your technical queries should include, when possible, the following items:
· An informative e-mail (subject) header
· The name of the machine you are working on
· Relevant error messages
· Location of relevant files on the concerned system: job files, error files, etc.
· Name of the program/package you were running
· A clear description of the problem
The usefulness, accuracy, and promptness of the information we provide to answer a question often depends, to a good extent, on the quality and relevance of the information you supply in your query.