Academic Advising is an important resource for students at Texas A&M University at Qatar. Academic advisors are key in assisting students to achieve academic success by providing academic guidance and counseling. Students are required to meet with an academic advisor for preregistration advising each semester, but are encouraged to meet as needed to take advantage of their experience and expertise. While it is the student’s responsibility to ask for assistance, our academic advisors are able to identify additional needs and connect students to campus resources.
The primary mission of the Academic Advising Office at Texas A&M University at Qatar is to provide academic advising and support that will guide each student to develop their educational and personal goals. The development of these strategies will serve students throughout their academic and professional career. Individualized relationships between students and advisers encourage an environment of open communication and trust.
Spring 2024 Advising Dates (course planning for summer/fall 2024): 21 Jan. – 15 Feb.
Zoom Link/Office Location
Click to Schedule an Appointment
Seniors, Engineering Honors Program (all classes)
Office: 148 A
Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors,
Office: 148 E
Please make sure you note the changes in building schedules due to the Asian Cup.
If you schedule an appointment during the afternoons in which the building is closed then your appointment will be conducted via Zoom. Zoom links for advisors are above and are included in your appointment confirmation emails. The building will be closed on the dates below:
- Tuesday, 23 Jan. 2024 after 12 p.m.
- Thursday, 25 Jan. 2024 after 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, 30 Jan. 2024 after 1 p.m.
ALL OTHER APPOINTMENTS WILL BE HELD FACE-TO-FACE.
- You will need to bring a mobile device (laptop or tablet is recommended) logged into your TAMUQ Gmail/Google account.
- You will complete your advising summary and acknowledgment before leaving the advising office.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your planned courses which must be forwarded to Ms. Ayah ([email protected]) to lift your advising hold.
- You will also need to meet with your departmental faculty advisor.
FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE ENTIRE ADVISING PROCESS BY 15 FEB WILL RESULT IN BEING INELIGIBLE TO REQUEST LIBERAL ARTS SCHEDULE CHANGES DURING PRE‐REGISTRATION REQUEST WEEK. YOU WILL ALSO BE BLOCKED FROM COURSE REGISTRATION UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR ADVISING REQUIREMENT.