Summer 2020 Graduation
The deadline for application is Thursday, 18 June, by 4:30 p.m.
Congratulations! As you enter your final semester at Texas A&M University at Qatar, there are several important dates and details about graduation you will want to know. Find them all right here, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Important information you need to verify prior to submitting your graduation application:
- Is your degree/curriculum information correct?
- Ensure your degree type/curriculum information is correct before submitting your application; including minors, certificates, double majors, and double degrees.
- All major/minor changes, additions, and deletions must be submitted to your academic advisor prior to the graduation deadline. Contact your advisor immediately if you feel there is a discrepancy.
- Are you clearing all degree requirements?
- Follow the View Degree Evaluation link in the "Degree Evaluation" channel on the My Record tab in Howdy. Generate a degree evaluation and verify you are meeting all the degree requirements needed for graduation prior to applying. If you have questions about your degree evaluation or remaining requirements, schedule a meeting with your academic advisor.
- Is your name correct?
- Make sure your name in Howdy appears EXACTLY as it appears on your passport. This is the name that will appear on your diploma.
*You are required to submit a copy of your current passport for graduation verification.
- Are you a graduate student?
- Make sure to meet all deadlines published by the Office of Graduate Studies Steps to Graduation as well.
- Ensure you verify your degree type (Master of Engineering, MEN; Master of Science, MS) prior to applying for graduation.
- Graduate students should contact OGAPS at, http://ogaps.tamu.edu/Contact-Us.
The deadline for application is Thursday, 18 June, by 4:30 p.m.
Students planning to graduate at the end of the current semester (Summer 2020) will file an application for degree online.
The online application for degree is to be done through howdy.tamu.edu under My Record_ Degree Evaluation_ Application for Graduation, shown in the screenshot below.
A diploma fee of QR185 is required for each graduation application submitted by students.
**Please use the Online Payment Portal and follow the steps to pay the required diploma fee and the optional cap & gown fee (if you are planning to attend the graduation ceremony) on or before Thursday, 18 June, by 4:30 p.m.
**Students who have not cleared financial obligations with Texas A&M University or Qatar Foundation will not receive a diploma at graduation.
**Degree Candidates not clearing for graduation after the final degree audit is run will have until 4:30 p.m. the first Thursday of the following semester to clear all degree requirements and be awarded their degree. Candidates not cleared by this date must reapply for graduation for a future term and pay the diploma fee again.
** Uncollected caps, gowns & diplomas will be destroyed one year after the student's graduation date. Students are responsible for all costs associated with replacements if needed.
Are you currently taking a course at another college or university?
Students applying for graduation, who are cross-registered or enrolled in a course at another college or university, must complete the Proof of Enrollment form. Please carefully read and follow all instructions on the form.
In addition to the proof of enrollment form, students are required to submit an official transcript.
Providing an official transcript helps determine how credits will be applied to the degree plan. The official transcript must be sent directly from the institution or in a sealed envelope. The official transcript must indicate the coursework in-progress. Please note: if you are unable to obtain an official transcript, the following are examples of alternative forms of verification: an official tuition bill with coursework listed or a student schedule of classes. The alternative verification must be from the institution that you are currently enrolled and must include:
- Your name
- The course name(s) and number(s)
- The institution’s name
Proof of enrollment must be submitted to the Office of Records by the Q-drop deadline.
Check your graduation status
Prior to commencement
Review your graduation application status using the “Graduation" channel on the My Record tab in Howdy. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Records at email@example.com.
After commencement, Undergraduate and Graduate students, may confirm their final graduation status by checking their unofficial transcript. Awarded students will have their "Awarded Degree" and "Degree Date" sections populated with the appropriate information. Final graduation status may take several days to process and will not be immediately available for viewing.
Latin Honors graduates receiving undergraduate degrees are acknowledged at commencement both by gold-colored honor stoles worn with the graduation gowns and by public announcement as they cross the stage. Graduate students (who have different GPA requirements for graduation) do not receive Latin honors designations.
Unless otherwise specified below, designation as an honors graduate requires that the degree candidate has completed at least 60 credit hours at Texas A&M University, and that they have at least a 3.50 GPA (truncated to the third decimal point). The specific honors levels are as follows:
3.500 - 3.699 GPA = Cum Laude
3.700 - 3.899 GPA = Magna Cum Laude
3.900 - 4.000 GPA = Summa Cum Laude
Grade point averages used to determine Latin honors designations are calculated during the final degree audit before the ceremonies and include hours and final grades in courses taken during the graduation semester. Latin honors designations will not be changed after the final graduation clearance deadline.
Regalia: Cap and gown
All graduates who walk the stage to receive their diploma must wear the appropriate commencement attire and are required to wear the Texas A&M University regalia for the degree they will be awarded.
Cap and gown distribution will be announced after the application deadline in a given term.
Students must collect their regalia in the term in which they apply for graduation.
Please contact the Office of Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or +974.4423.0078 for more information.