Student Involvement Opportunities
Texas A&M at Qatar encourages the development of student organizations to help you connect with others who share your interests. To date, students have organized more than 27 clubs and organizations to reach out to one another. These student-led organizations are the infrastructure by which the Texas A&M at Qatar sense of family is extended into the community.
Here at the Qatar campus, the Aggie tradition of community involvement has grown in fertile ground. Research has shown that a student’s involvement in extracurricular activities can strengthen his or her academic performance and connection to the institution. Getting involved in extracurricular organizations also helps students grow personally, culturally, socially, spiritually and academically.
If you can’t find a group you want, you can always start one yourself.
10 Reasons to Get Involved
- Involved students will be more likely satisfied with their college experience.
- Four or five years of college gets boring without new friends and new experiences!
- Getting involved provides you a sense of connection that you can't replicate elsewhere.
- Getting involved outside of the classroom reinforces what you learn inside the classroom.
- Students who get involved make a difference because they learn how to get things done.
- Former student leaders are known all over the world; you too can be part of this group.
- Students who get involved late regret that they didn’t do it sooner.
- Involved students learn important life skills and grow in ways that they weren’t expecting.
- Employers want to hire people who know how to work with others.
- It’s true that you will get out of your college experience what you put into it!